A day in the life of Danny D'Amours

End of Intelligence?

I’ve previously blogged about my fondness for the TV show Intelligence and after the great season finale in December, I now have a free block of time on Monday nights.

Apparently I was not the only one complaining about CBC’s lack of advertising and promotion of the show on its network especially prior to the season premiere. The creator of Intelligence, Chris Haddock also points to the lack of promotion as a part of the reason for relatively poor ratings for Intelligence and goes on to accuse CBC of trying to bury the show.

Indeed, it appears that the CBC is unwilling to commit to renewing the series for another season. Judging from message boards and posts, viewers of the show REALLY like it and are passionate about it but I guess if the ratings aren’t high enough, the CBC doesn’t care.

Is there any hope that the CBC will come to its senses and bring back Intelligence for a third season???

Related Posts:

January 16th, 2008 Posted by Danny D'Amours | Entertainment, Media | 325 comments

325 Comments »

1. Come on man. This is a great series and I can’t understand why additional seasons can’t be produced. Netfiix can make some big money if they produced the series!

Comment by Frank Brewer | June 4, 2018

2. I agree!!! I’m so bummed just googled to see how or when I can watch season three!

Comment by LBrady | June 17, 2018

3. Absolutely right Netflix should buy the rights to this and produce it itself. The show is awesome

Comment by Burt | August 8, 2018

4. If you like this show Da Vinci Inquest was written before this series. 7 seasons + another 13 when Da Vinci becomes Mayor. Bad news it is not on Netflix. Maybe Amazon.

Comment by Rufus S Gatlin | June 7, 2018

5. Dear Netflix, we have only received the two series of ‘ Intelligence’ in Australia recently. I agree with the above opinions that it is one of the best series I have watched since my conversion to the great explosion of TV series over the last few years (crimes, cops, international conspiracies, politics etc ) And many thanks to the Nordic and French input in particular. The script is terrific and it takes all one’s neurones to grasp it all esp in the first series. I think by series 2 we have become so familiar with the cast and the myriad of plot curves and switches that one can revel in the action without so much concentration as earlier.
    So please Netflix do stir up the lack lustre production moguls who had no critical understanding whatever at the time and bring series 3 to the TV screens. You would gain a lot of thanks from Intelligence’s fans.

Comment by Margaret Crawford | June 9, 2018

6. I totally agree with viewers this is one of the best shows in town, hits home on many levels of reality.

I live in Australia too and I’m yet to see anything written to this level of intellectual concept

Comment by Paul | August 10, 2018

7. This is thus far one of the BEST shows Ever…… There MUST be another season or several…. Is Jimmy alive?… I’m leaning on it.

Comment by Vivian | June 10, 2018

8. Brilliant series, this is the best I’ve watched in a long time! I hope there’s a season three.

Comment by Joyce Gatel | June 13, 2018

9. Wow I watched this awesome show and now my Jimmy has been shot!Please don’t let him die.When are you coming back my Jimmy,Season 3 would!d be appreciated,ok start writing new series.Thank you

Comment by Joanne Pendlebury | June 14, 2018

10. Please bring more seasons of Intelligence. It is one of the best. I am so tired of really getting into a show and then find out that there isn’t a real ending. You have done this on other shows I watched.

Comment by Sharon Kidd | June 17, 2018

11. We loved the show season 3 please.

Comment by Sandy | June 25, 2018

12. One of the most interesting series to date. I need, really need, to know what happened to Jimmy and his family. Bring on the next season!!!

Comment by Beverly | July 1, 2018

13. cmom people this was a great series dont let it end especially this way

Comment by tony ellis | July 1, 2018

14. This is sad news NO 3RD Season, one of the best TV Series I have watched in a long long time.. It is obvious that the series was GETTNG to close to truth POLICTICAL/CRIMINAL CONTENT. This is unfortunate , as it was such a great interest series,,, hopefully you can find a way to lobby and get this series back on, CBC was obviously sent a msge to put an end to it,
    Wishing the cast all the best they were terrific. Canadian Pride.
    Regards Leda

Comment by Leda Millar | July 5, 2018

15. This is sad news NO 3RD Season, one of the best TV Series I have watched in a long long time.. It is obvious that the series was GETTNG to close to truth POLICTICAL/CRIMINAL CONTENT. This is unfortunate , as it was such a great interest series,,, hopefully you can find a way to lobby and get this series back on, CBC was obviously sent a msge by the Govt to put an end to it. So much for democracy
    Wishing the cast all the best they were terrific. Canadian Pride.
    Regards Leda
    Fight the fight for season 3

Comment by Leda Millar | July 5, 2018

16. Saw first two series on Netflix. Good series let’s see more.
    John

Comment by John | July 6, 2018

17. I binged watched the two seasons over an entire weekend – last weekend…so disappointed to learn it isn’t returning for a 3rd season. Acting was just terrific, compelling story line. Just a shame.

Comment by tami gillman | July 7, 2018

18. This was a great show very disappointing that politics gotta be involved in television really people come on let’s have 3rd season

Comment by Cuddles | July 8, 2018

19. Now that Netflix has picked up the first two seasons this series will have a huge audience IF someone decides to produce a third season

Comment by Paul | July 8, 2018

20. I have been in the legal business for almost 30 years. I LOVE Intelligence. I have always fought for the underdog, and witness so many people being hurt or destroyed by the corruption of their own government and police forces. I like seeing the not so “perfect citizens” coming out on top, or at least having a chance. I am SO DISAPPOINTED that there is not a 3rd season. I have heard that CBC is being led on their decisions by their own government. What’s the matter, the truth too much to bear for the Government? When governments realize that they are not infallible, and that the truth will come out, maybe there will be better decisions made for their own citizens, and they will stop thinking they are Gods.

Comment by Tami D. | July 9, 2018

21. No season 3 well that sucks it ended off in such an open ended manner smh disappointed

Comment by stephanie | July 11, 2018

22. I agree — just watched this series (all two seasons) over the past week — there is so much room left in this for a third and fourth season — bring it back Netflix!

Comment by Sue Ruddick | July 11, 2018

23. One of the best shows on Netflix!!How can CBC leave us hanging like that . It’s a great Canadian show I’m thinking I might have to boycott CBC.

Comment by Wendy Sangara | July 13, 2018

24. I binged watched both seasons over 3 days! VERY disappointed there’s not going to be a 3rd Season.
    I ecxho Comment by tami gillman…writing & acting superb!
    phb

Comment by Brennan | July 14, 2018

25. What????? I just found and binge-watched Intelliigence….saw Jimmy shot and you leave it at THAT forEVER? Boo HISSSSS!!!
    My husband and I really enjoyed this series. The actors’ interpretations of their characters were wonderful! Please…if there’s ANY way at all….bring us a third season of this exceptional series!

Comment by Janetta | July 16, 2018

26. What happened to the banker that up to the roof?

Comment by Len Klein | July 16, 2018

27. Watch both Seasons over a week. Loved it. Great acting, good writing. One of the best shows I’ve watched. Plez bring back for another Season 3 and 4.

Comment by C Hampton | July 18, 2018

28. Need to bring the 3rd season…….I think it was popular show……the
    that leaves you hanging

Comment by Pat. Russell | July 18, 2018

29. Bring this series Back! Better than 99.9% of the current drivel produced!

Comment by Dee Burr | July 18, 2018

30. Great series, Netflix should revive this and make more seasons

Comment by Bobby Reider | July 19, 2018

31. We just finished seasons 1 and 2. Netflix, please create season 3. This is the best series since The Wire.

Comment by Joan Wilson | July 22, 2018

32. Please, let’s have more!!!! loved the 2 seasons. What’s happening to Jimmy??? One of the the better show’s on Netflix

Comment by Britt Kelly-Schwartz | July 23, 2018

33. Best program on any network. Work on season 3 please.
    Incredible action and acting.
    Nothing has stopped me breathing more than this series!!

Comment by Carolyn Crews | July 23, 2018

34. Heartbroken to find out there’s only 2 seasons. The storyline and acting were amazing.

Comment by Catalina | July 29, 2018

35. Season 3 Please!!!
    I join the crowd’s petition to Netflix or any one out there that can make it happen: Please Produce “Intelligence” Season 3 !!!!

Comment by Lisandro Zuniga | July 31, 2018

36. What you don’t keep a series going that is popular.

I think it is wrong to leave people hanging like that. I wouldn’t have watched it if knew that.

Netflix do something about it.

Comment by GLENN WELLS | July 31, 2018

37. Loved this series. Gutted there’s not going to be a season 3 you can’t leave it like this! Come on Netflix do a third please!

Comment by Dawn Jaggs | July 31, 2018

38. This is one of the best shows I’ve seen in a while. Netflix please do a 3rd season.

Comment by SHEILA BELL | August 1, 2018

39. Don’t want to state the obvious, but the cast is 11 years older. What would season 3 feature, Stella running the family?

Comment by L Sherman | August 1, 2018

40. Also just watched the first 2 series and loved it. Can’t understand why it has such a low rating on netflix (2 stars out of 5) whilst IMDB score is high (8+) and overall feedback seems to be very positive.

Comment by Matthijs Houweling | August 2, 2018

41. I’m to pissed if they don’t renew ..It did not end the right way for Jimmy if he do die he should not die alone Bull Crap

Comment by Sharon warren | August 2, 2018

42. I am addicted to this series – it was fantastic and now has all us Intelligence fans on the edge waiting to find out if Jimmy is alive or dead – please, please Netflix come to the party!

Comment by Norma | August 5, 2018

43. Sad that there is no 3rd season. Like someone mentioned perhaps its too close to the truth, hence the cancellation.

Am I missing something. Why was it cancelled?

But Netflix has this reputation of giving us stuff to watch that never has an ending. Quite frustrating if you ask me.

And its all the good shows.

Australian viewer

Comment by Susan Jaocbs | August 6, 2018

44. This is probably more of a question as well as a comment….WHY are all the good acting and story lines/plots dropped??? Yet, the shows with mostly violence, nudity, poor acting, with no story plot keeps finding its way back to our screens. I never comment, guess it shows how very disappointed I am it’s not being picked up! There is a reason this show is called intelligence, it is very intelligent, maybe there lies the problem.?

Plbfancher

Comment by Penny Beach | August 6, 2018

45. I think we’re all victims of a completely incompetent government run television network. They generally show us crap that nobody wants to watch and when a great show like Intelligence comes along they only have 2 seasons. typical and foreseeable. Too bad

Comment by Rod | August 11, 2018

46. Get with it. Give us season 3

Comment by Andrew Somersault | August 16, 2018

47. Just finished watching series 2 – there must be more series, this is a fantastic show, come on Netflix pick it up.

Comment by Toni | August 17, 2018

48. When can we see the next series of Intelligence? Where do I get to see the last series which was broadcasted in Zee cafe in the month of June- July 2018?

Comment by Sona | August 18, 2018

49. Please write for Season 3 and more. Please don’t end Jimmy’s life. This is such an Awesome series.

Comment by Sandra Myles | August 20, 2018

50. wish i knew this was going to be like this, i would’ve never started watching this if i knew it was going to end so abruptly with no 3rd season. i highly doubt they would’ve killed him off like that. main character dies would’ve killed the series. they left it open at the end like they planned to return with season 3 but then cancelled the show, ugh now i gotta find something new to watch with more seasons or something catchy like this show that makes you want to continue to watch.

Comment by s j | August 22, 2018

51. This was by far the best series ever, totally hooked I really hope they do a third series, every government agency is corrupt and play mind games no new news there please bring the show back

Comment by David Handley | August 24, 2018

52. my wife &I love intelligence. please please try to bring it back for season three!!!!!

Comment by BUD GRANGER | August 25, 2018

53. Ditto to all of the above comments. What a terrific job of story telling. All the characters were clearly defined and well acted. More please!

Comment by Bill Moss | August 26, 2018